More information to follow, check again later
The conference will focus on issues created by the impact of information technology on labor markets over the next 25 years, addressing questions such as:
- What advances in artificial intelligence, robotics and automation are expected over the next 25 years?
- What will be the impact of these advances on job creation,job destruction and wages in the labor market?
- What skills are required for the job market of the future?
- Can education prepare workers for that job market?
- What educational changes are needed?
- What economic and social policies are required to integrate people who are left out of future labor markets?
- How can we preserve and increase social mobility in such an environment?
The De Lange Conference will feature renowned speakers from academia, industry and leading think tanks with expertise in technology, economics, social sciences and the humanities. More information and registration will be available at delange.rice.edu.
The biennial De Lange Conferences, funded by the De Lange Endowment , were established by C.M. and Demaris Hudspeth in honor of Demaris' parents, Albert and Demaris De Lange